Whether it be the theme or everyone’s busy summer schedules, but our 1964 World’s Fair Custom Swap wasn’t as popular as I would have thought. Be that as it may, four awesome artists participated, and later this month I will be traveling to the site of the 1964 World’s Fair for the photo shoot. In the meantime, I am pleased to announce the newest Custom Swap theme, as well as sign-up details. This will be the last photo shoot of 2014, so we are going to celebrate by bringing back an older theme, with a twist.
Before we get to that, for those of you who are not familiar with VK’s Custom Swaps, this is what goes down.
1. Individuals sign up by the sign up deadline to take part of the Custom Swap and create a custom based off a given theme. You do not need to be a well versed custom artist. Heck, this could be your first one. All that we ask is that you try your best.
2. ANY regular sized Vinylmation mold will be accepted in submissions. This includes 3″ Mickey, Monorail, Duffy, or Popcorns. We ask that you do not use 9″ or 95 molds, as they pose a shipping/ traveling problem. Jrs. are allowed in conjunction with a regular sized vinyl, but not as a full entry.
3. Customs are mailed to a given location by the submission deadline.
4. The customs are then taken out to a photo shoot, where they are shot together as a group and individually. Those photos will appear both here on Vinylmation Kingdom, as well as over on the Custom Swaps Facebook page.
5. After the photo shoot, each participant is mailed back to them one of the other customs in the swap. So, if you submit a custom, you get a custom… simple as that.
Go that? Good… now let’s get to the other stuff.
A couple of years back, we did a very successful Winter Holidays Custom Swap, with photo shoots happening both in NYC at Rockefeller Plaza and in Walt Disney World. Last year, people had fun with Star Wars Holidays. This year, we are having Disney’s Winter Wonderland.
So, for this Custom Swap, here are the guidelines- the custom needs to be of the following:
Winter Wonderland themed (either holiday or season) involving a Disney, Pixar, Marvel, or Lucasfilm.
For this shoot, I will once again be doing two photo shoots. The first will revisit Rockefeller Plaza in NYC and the second will once again be down in WDW. One will be during Christmas Week here in NYC, and the other in January 2015 while I am on vacation at WDW.
Sign-Ups will end on Saturday, November 1st. Please sign up only if you know you will be able to complete an entry and have it in on time.
Submission Deadline is no later than Saturday, December 20th. I will be traveling to NYC the following week, and I would like all of the customs in by then.
As time draws nearer, I will message the artists involved and give them the address to send the customs to.
Where to Sign-Up
We will be holding sign-ups on our Artists Unleashed Facebook Group. Artists Unleashed is dedicated to promoting and showcasing the awesome artwork done by our members. If you haven’t already visited the page yet, please do so. That will be where the official sign up for this swap will take place. For those of you without Facebook, you can still email me to sign up.
Thanks a lot everyone, and I am looking forward to another wonderful holiday themed swap.