Welcome to Vinylmation Kingdom’s Custom Section.
How To Guides
- Coming Soon
If you’re a Artist and would like to share some tips with other artists and wannabe artists, feel free to get in touch with us.
- How to Airbrush a 9″ Vinylmation figure by Disney Artist Gerald Mendez
- The Making of Iron Man 9″ by Honey Bond
- Be careful with sharp blades when cutting.
- Use a mat or cardboard to cut out on.
- Wear gloves to protect yourself from paint & other chemicals on your skin
- Wear Safety glasses to protect your eyes
- Wear a mask while using spray paints.
- If your spending lots of time at a desk, remember to get a good chair for your back.
- Wash your hands regularly.
Disney have created a range of Vinylmation’s specifically for Create Your Own, there is a wide selection of products available. There are 9″ blanks (and one with Mickey logo’s on to fill in) along with 3″ figures. There have been Juniors CYO sets released in Japan but aren’t yet available in the US. There is also a Glow in the Dark 9″ figure available plus a Lightening McQueen Car’s 95″ mold. And if your artist skills aren’t as good as you would like, there are sticker sets for your CYO’s. Disney has slowly introduced newer CYO’s on the new Mickey Mold. Not all these items are available online or are in some stores and as well as in the theme parks.
But you don’t have to be an artist to express your creativity. Here are a couple of other ideas that may inspire you:
- Newlyweds – In stead of the traditional “guest book” at your reception, use two blank 9” Vinylmation – one for the bride and one for the groom. Have attendees decorate or leave good wishes which can be displayed in your home for years to come. The 3” blank Vinylmation make great cake toppers too.
- Traveling the World – When visiting Epcot, bring along a blank Vinylmation to have International Cast Members at each of the World Showcase pavilions write greetings in their native languages.
- 3-D Photo Book – Decoupage a blank Vinylmation with favorite photos or ephemera (theme park maps, FastPass tickets, etc.) from your vacation at Disney Parks.
- Graduates – Graduates can have fellow classmates sign a blank Vinylmation as you embark on the next chapter of your life.
Below are two plain Template’s for CYO’s which are useful for designing a Custom on paper first:
And if you find it easier creating a design on a computer, Disney even have their own Digital Painter where you can create your own design. Click Here for the Digital Painter
Vinylmation Kingdom hosts it’s own Custom Swap every couple of months which feature customs by our forum members, who send them off for a Photoshoot and recieve someone else’s custom. You can also find out more about the Custom Swap at our own Facebook page.
Every week Vinylmation Kingdom shows off the artwork of one selected Artist in the Custom Showcase. If you would like to be featured, simply email (Roger@Vinylmationkingdom.com)
And be sure to check out our Artists Unleashed Facebook Group which exists to help promote artists and sell their work. Custom Vinylmations, Kidrobot, Canvas, Airbrushing, Acrylics and more! Come join us!
- Vinylmation Exchange Customs Facebook Group
- CYO Vinylmation Academy Facebook Group
- VEDA: HOW TO – CUSTOM VINYL TOY (Vinylmation) Pt. 1
- HOW TO – CUSTOM VINYL TOY (Vinylmation) Pt. 2: VEDA
- Aaralyn’s Guide to Materials
- Aaralyn’s Guide to Finishing
- Aaralyn’s Guide to Design
- Aaralyn’s The Making of Tick Tock
- Aaralyn’s Guide to Painting
- Aaralyn’s Guide to Prepping
- Custom Class with Rust This World: Lesson 1 – A Beginner’s Guide
- Custom Class with Rust This World: Lesson 2 – Sculpting
- Custom Class with Rust This World: Lesson 3 – Stripping Paint
- Evilos’ video on how to remove a 9″ Head
Have you got a useful website link? Feel free to let us know about.