Seems like this year, Disney Infinity will be EVERYWHERE at San Diego Comic Con (SDCC). In addition to having their Pop-Up Arcade offsite open to the public (as in: you do not need to have a SDCC badge to enter), they will also be inside the convention, as well as other places around San Diego. Here is where you can find the Disney Infinity team.
Here is a bit more information on each of the spaces and events. Thank you to Stitch Kingdom for this rundown:
- Disney Infinity Pop-Up Shop: From July 23-26, the Disney Infinity Pop-Up Shop, located at 343 4th Ave. (between J & K streets), will be the official headquarters of Disney Infinity. Open to the public from 5PM-10PM each day, fans will have their first hands-on experience with the game where they can play in both the Play Set mode as well as the newly updated Toy Box mode. Fans will be able to pre-order Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes and be treated to special guests, giveaways and other surprises.
- Marvel Unlimited Plus Members Event: On July 24 from 3PM-5PM, Marvel Unlimited Plus Members can access the Pop-Up Shop for a special Open House event. There will be special giveaways and other surprises.
- D23 Member Event: On July 26 from 2PM-4PM, D23 Members can access the Pop-Up Shop for a special Disney-themed event. Alex Hirsch, creator of Disney Channel’s “Gravity Falls,” will be on site for an autograph session. There will be special giveaways and other surprises.
- Marvel Games Panel (Room #6A): On July 26 from 12:30PM -1:30PM, Disney Infinity Executive Producer John Vignocchi will participate in the Marvel Games Panel to talk about Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes and reveal big news. Marvel will also be making a series of announcements for upcoming games. Be sure to check it out for more surprises and limited edition giveaways.
- Marvel Booth (#2329): The Marvel booth will host Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes game demos and attendees will have a chance to play and pre-order the game. John Vignocchi will host daily on-stage presentations. There will also be limited edition giveaways and autograph sessions with special guests.
- Microsoft Game Lounge (San Diego Hyatt): Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes will be showcased and fans will have the opportunity to get hands-on time with the game.
Looking forward to SDCC? I know I am. Unfortunately, I will not be there, but i am happy to announce that one of our friends, Sarah M., will be reporting for Infinity and Beyond from a special Media Tour of the Pop Up Arcade (and possibly even an interview), throughout the weekend from the floor of SDCC, and hopefully from the Marvel Games Panel on Saturday. Also, Abraham, who reported to us from E3 and the Maleficent event, will be on hand at the D23 Members Event on Saturday.
Are you going to SDCC… and perchance the Marvel Unlimited Plus Event? Want to send us news and pics? We are always looking for fun Disney Infinity stuff from the convention. Email any pics or information to email@example.com throughout SDCC, and I will update everyone on the site and Facebook page.
To everyone that is going, have a blast!