Now that our Lion King 20th Anniversary Custom Swap has had its photo shoot, I am pleased to announce the newest Custom Swap theme, as well as sign-up details.
Before we get to that, for those of you who are not familiar with VK’s Custom Swaps, this is what goes down.
1. Individuals sign up by the sign up deadline to take part of the Custom Swap and create a custom based off a given theme. You do not need to be a well versed custom artist. Heck, this could be your first one. All that we ask is that you try your best.
2. ANY regular sized Vinylmation mold will be accepted in submissions. This includes 3″ Mickey, Monorail, Duffy, or Popcorns. We ask that you do not use 9″ or 95 molds, as they pose a shipping/ traveling problem. Jrs. are allowed in conjunction with a regular sized vinyl, but not as a full entry.
3. Customs are mailed to a given location by the submission deadline.
4. The customs are then taken out to a photo shoot, where they are shot together as a group and individually. Those photos will appear both here on Vinylmation Kingdom, as well as over on the Custom Swaps Facebook page.
5. After the photo shoot, each participant is mailed back to them one of the other customs in the swap. So, if you submit a custom, you get a custom… simple as that.
Go that? Good… now let’s get to the other stuff.
Okay, this theme has been a long time coming. Last year, during our Patriotic Custom Swap, there was interest in doing a swap where one could do a custom from their country, or any country, that wasn’t necessarily centered around Patriotism (which a lot of us coincide with the military or the government).
However, I also wanted to include Disney in it somehow. Along came 2014, and the 50th Anniversary of the 1964 World’s Fair, a place where someone by the name of Walt Disney introduced some amazing things to the world called animitronics. From those seeds, Disneyland was eventually formed, and with it so many other adventures.
So, for this Custom Swap, here are the guidelines: the custom needs to be in one of these two categories-
Celebrating a country or US state that took part in the 1964 World’s Fair
(can contain a Disney character, but does not have to)
Celebrating one of the Disney attractions from the 1964 World’s Fair
(“it’s a small world”, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Progressland [also known as Carousel of Progress], and Ford’s Magic Skyway [which gave birth to the PeopleMover])
For this shoot, I will be revisiting the location of the Marvel Custom Swap photo shoot: the home of the 1964 World’s Fair…. Flushing Meadows/ Corona Park. Some of the 1964 buildings and statues are still standing.
Sign-Ups will end on Friday, August 15th. Please sign up only if you know you will be able to complete an entry and have it in on time.
Submission Deadline is no later than Saturday, September 27th.
As time draws nearer, I will message the artists involved and give them the address to send the customs to.
Where to Sign-Up
We will be holding sign-ups on our Artists Unleashed Facebook Group. Artists Unleashed is dedicated to promoting and showcasing the awesome artwork done by our members. If you haven’t already visited the page yet, please do so. That will be where the official sign up for this swap will take place. For those of you without Facebook, you can still email me to sign up.