Right now, we are excitingly getting the photos together of the customs from the Disney/ Pixar Shorts custom swap. I have yet to see all of the entries, but our writer Jay, who is doing the shoot down in Walt Disney World, says that it is a great selection. Exciting!
In the meantime, it’s time to sign up for our next Custom Swap. For our Q2 Swap, we decided to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of one of the most popular Disney Classics of all time… The Lion King.
For those of you who are not familiar with VK’s Custom Swaps, this is what goes down.
1. Individuals sign up by the sign up deadline to take part of the Custom Swap and create a custom based off a given theme. You do not need to be a well versed custom artist. Heck, this could be your first one. All that we ask is that you try your best.
2. ANY regular sized Vinylmation mold will be accepted in submissions. This includes 3″ Mickey, Monorail, Duffy, or Popcorns. We ask that you do not use 9″ or 95 molds, as they pose a shipping/ traveling problem. Jrs. are allowed in conjunction with a regular sized vinyl, but not as a full entry.
3. Customs are mailed to a given location by the submission deadline.
4. The customs are then taken out to a photo shoot, where they are shot together as a group and individually. Those photos will appear both here on Vinylmation Kingdom, as well as over on the Custom Swaps Facebook page.
5. After the photo shoot, each participant is mailed back to them one of the other customs in the swap. So, if you submit a custom, you get a custom… simple as that.
From the movies and the Broadway show to the parades and the Festival of the Lion King… anything and everything about The Lion King is fair game.
For this shoot, I will be visiting the Minskoff Theatre in NYC, home of The Lion King on Broadway, as well as the Bronx Zoo and their African Safari animals.
Sign-Ups will end on Friday, May 2nd. Please sign up only if you know you will be able to complete an entry AND have it in on time. This is VERY important.
Submission Deadline is NO LATER than Saturday, June 28th. Submissions need to be at this time, no later.
As time draws nearer, I will message the artists involved and give them the address to send the customs to.
Where to Sign-Up
We will be holding sign-ups on our Artists Unleashed Facebook Group. Artists Unleashed is dedicated to promoting and showcasing the awesome artwork done by our members. If you haven’t already visited the page yet, please do so. That will be where the official sign up for this swap will take place. For those of you without Facebook, you can still email me to sign up.