Exhibit Location: Animation Courtyard (Hollywood Land)
Preview Screening Location: Muppet Theater (Hollywood Land)
Dates: September 14, 2012 through November 5, 2012
The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition, on display in the Animation Courtyard atHollywood Land, showcases extensive props, sets, puppets and original sketches from Tim Burton’s stop-motion animated feature film, Disney’s Frankenweenie.
This touring art exhibit is a rare chance to get a glimpse at the stop- motion animation process and the film director’s captivating vision. After November 5, this exhibit travels to Madrid, Spain. Don’t miss out on this experience before the exhibit moves on!
Extended Movie Preview
Inspired by Tim Burton’s 1984 live-action short, the 2012 stop-motion animated feature, Disney’s Frankenweenie (rated PG and in theaters October 5), is a heartwarming tale of Victor, a young boy with an undying devotion to his recently deceased dog Sparky. Inspired by science and the love of his dog, Victor — “shockingly” — brings his beloved pet back to life.
The exhibition includes a special, extended 8-minuted sneak preview of the movie at the Muppet Theater in the Disney Animation building.
- Tim Burton’s Desk — with 6 motion slides screens that showcase behind-the-scene images; sculpting tools; used brushes; paints; notepads; an open script; original sketches; costumes; props; fabric swatches and more
- Victor’s Attic Roof — with posed puppets of Victor and Sparky
- Classroom — with posed puppets of Victor’s teacher and classmates, school counselor, school set and an interactive camera
- Victor’s Bedroom — with posed puppets and props of Victor’s Mom and Dad
Priority Access Admission
Annual Passholders, enjoy priority access admission to the Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition and the 4D extended sneak preview of the movie in Muppets Theater.
- When: Starting Friday, September 14, 2012, for the first 2 hours after regular park opening.
- How: Present your valid Annual Passport at the exhibit and Muppet Theater entrances.
- Note: No advance registration or ticket is required for priority access admission. Space is limited and admission is not guaranteed. During the priority access admission time period, experiences and attractions in the Disney Animation Building that are not related to the Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition will be closed. Priority access could involve long wait periods and may end without notice. Events are subject to temporary closures, restrictions, change or cancellation.
Exhibition Tour Details
The Art of Frankenweenie Exhibition launched in Barcelona, Spain, at CineEurope on June 18, 2012. From September 14 through November 5, 2012, it will stop at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. When the tour is complete it will have visited 7 countries, including Spain, France, England, Japan, Mexico, Canada and the U.S.A.
Find more exhibition details on Facebook — and get ready for electrifying fun with Disney’s newest hero, Sparky!
- Guest-activated captioning is available on selected preshow video monitors in this attraction. Please contact a Cast Member at the location for assistance.
- Guests may remain in their wheelchair or Electric Convenience Vehicle to experience this attraction.
- Wheelchair Access for Exhibit: Enter through the standard queue and proceed to the Courtyard Gallery, the main lobby of the building.
- Wheelchair Access for Sneak Peek at Muppet*Vision 3D Theater: Enter through the standard queue. Proceed through any theater door. Refer to the wheelchair symbol imbedded in the flooring for viewing areas designated for Guests using wheelchairs and Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) or ask a Cast Member for assistance.
Here are some pictures for you to check out.